[free-sklyarov] Outrage as book hits Japan schools

Jon O . jono at microshaft.org
Tue Aug 7 17:23:39 PDT 2001

David:

I figured I should post this back to the list so it might
make sense to everyone.

Dmitry has quite a bit to do with eBooks. We have been
discussing the Dangers of eBooks. This is Japan deciding to
openly rewrite history using textbooks, textbooks which are
quickly becoming eBooks.

	"I don't think our textbook is flawed," said Toshiaki Shirasawa, textbook
        department chief at the *book's publisher*, Fusosha. "It's the textbooks in the past
        that were wrong."

Now, if you are only interested in Freeing Dmitry,
you should have pretty good luck. If you want to
prevent these types of arrests in the future, you should
probably also go after the DMCA. If you go after the
DMCA you will find the WIPO, WTO and other International
Governments which are not listening to their people.

Here is a case of Japan not listening to their people.
The DMCA is a case of the US not listening to its people.
Dmitry is in jail as a result of this.

I like to address the sources of problems and not just
the results. I think it is often more effective and
the overall outcome is better.

Thanks,
Jon