[free-sklyarov] [Fwd: Senator Dianne Feinstein responding to your message]

James S. Huggins (Free Sklyarov) FreeSklyarov at ZName.com
Tue Aug 7 18:11:14 PDT 2001

Ben Ford posted Dianne Feinsteins email and asked:
Is this a crock or what?

The email said, in part,
> I regret to inform you that due to technical difficulties, I am
> unable to read your e-mail.  Messages that are not sent directly
> through my website can not be retrieved by my office.

Peter responded:
No, it is ignorance.

I don't think it is ignorance. I think it is a conscious effort.

I would speculate that it is an attempt to avoid massive email campaigns.

You create a web based form that you post at
http://feinstein.senate.gov/email.html

Then that form uses a special email address, in this case,
  webmail at feinstein-iq.senate.gov

Then, you set up an autoresponder to the "normal" email address directing
everyone to the web.

Now, if people on the Free Sklyarov List attempt to all email you, they all
have to go to the web and that inhibits the flow.

James S. Huggins