[free-sklyarov] Monday August 13th, San Jose

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Fri Aug 10 12:30:22 PDT 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Alex Fabrikant wrote:

> The answer is most likely "yes". What kind of music are you looking for?
> Song title is simplest of course, but general "type"/"mood"/whatnot would
> also be good for narrowing things down. There's a lot of folk music out
> there ya know =)

	Well, I was thinking along the lines of laments, or slow airs;
	something somber that would fit the mood of a candlelight vigil.
	I am of course looking for melodies rather than lyrics, as I
	don't know a word of Russian (modulo a few suggestive phrases
	my brother taught me.)

	I'm used to Irish music, a genre with a huge amount of slow,
	tearjerking songs mostly about being stranded far from home,
	many of which are available online in massive ABC tunebooks.
	If anyone knows where to look for the Russian equivalent,
	I'd be very grateful.

> -alexf
						-S