[free-sklyarov] Re: [wwwac] E-books solving a problem consumers don't have (fwd)

alfee cube sisgeek at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 15:47:35 PDT 2001

jay,

as an aside:

i tried to figure out amazon's sales ranking and found
it impossible, due to lack of information concerning
the algorithm - but one thing became clear, it is
related to much more than sales.

the more articles i read, like this, the sillier DMCA
sounds. it seems to be boiling down to a hasty,
unreasoned, and offensive digital grab by special
interests. in the time honored and american fashion of
"screw you jack, i got mine"!

i'm reminded of the monkey who puts his hand through a
knot hole to grab some "goodies", only to be clubbed
to death, because he will not loosen his grip long
enough to withdraw his hand and retreat!

i suspect so will go some of the contests over the
DMCA?