[free-sklyarov] FC: AP reportedly doesn't like quoting one sentence from articles

Jon O . jono at microshaft.org
Thu Aug 16 10:17:13 PDT 2001

FYI:

----- Forwarded message from Declan McCullagh <declan at well.com> -----

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:48:01 -0400
To: politech at politechbot.com
From: Declan McCullagh <declan at well.com>
Subject: FC: AP reportedly doesn't like quoting one sentence from articles
Cc: info at ap.org, copyright at ap.org, holovacs at 1st.net

A Politech irregular, Jay Holovacs <holovacs at 1st.net>, reports the
Associated Press has pressured about.com to remove excerpted AP stories
(with links to the offsite complete text) from the site if even one
sentence is quoted.

Two items follow:
1. Mail from Jay with links to about.com's moderator announcement
2. A note to Jay from Austin Cline, the about.com forum moderator

-Declan

********