[free-sklyarov] Can you all Help Me??

Jon O . jono at microshaft.org
Thu Aug 16 14:04:15 PDT 2001

On 16-Aug-2001, J.E. Cripps wrote:
> > I think we need to have some more concerted attempts to stay on topic.
>
> Yes.
>
> > Yes, there's relatively little news until a week from today, but we
> > should keep the Dmitry/(non-Dmitry) ratio high here.
>
> Even if it takes another list. :-)  But I'm not volunteering to
> host, manager or even promise to subscribe to it.

There is a DMCA list here:

However, I'm not sure how much you can extract the DMCA issues, fair use,
etc. from the Dmitry/(non-Dmitry) stuff. It all seems pretty related.

I just keep thinking that this type of arrest is just going to happen again
unless the public understands the DMCA is not helpful to many. However,
I think much use of this list is to inform to the public about Dmitry and
also to explain that the DMCA used to arrest him is a bad law. So, I'm sure
some people on this list find DMCA, Fair Use information and news useful.

Is that not the case? What constitutes non-Dmitry? What happens when he is
released? The law was used to put him in jail, doesn't that mean the law is core
to this issue?

I hope these questions and their answers help clarify what is and isn't on topic.