[free-sklyarov] My DeCSS Mirror Back Up

Michael D. Crawford crawford at goingware.com
Fri Aug 17 21:55:35 PDT 2001

  The Supreme Court has explained that "all ideas having even the slightest
redeeming social importance," including those concerning "the
  advancement of truth, science, morality, and arts" have the full protection of
the   First Amendment. Roth v. United States, 354 U.S. 476, 484 (1957)

  Because computer source code is an expressive means for the exchange of
information and ideas about computer programming, we hold that it is
  protected by the First Amendment.
  - 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals,
  http://pacer.ca6.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/getopn.pl?OPINION=00a0117p.06

In support of the struggle to assert the constitutional right of computer
programmers to publish source code despite the Digital Millenium Copyright Act,
I have restored my DeCSS mirror, which I had taken down for a while, fearing
reprisals.  See it at:

http://www.goingware.com/decss/

Thank you.

Michael D. Crawford