[free-sklyarov] 'COMMENTARY: STEALING IS STEALING'

Brooklyn Linux Solutions ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sat Aug 18 18:11:55 PDT 2001

We've been trying to get someone to work up the number of the cost
of the DMCA on the NYC Public School system and the NYC Public Library
system.

Essentially, we need to work out the cost to the system of
any work over 40 years or older which is not available to the
system in digital form, versues the same costs of these works
if they were available in digital forms, and the systems were
equipt to leverage them....

School textbooks alone would be a huge savings to the taxpayer.

<<Koelman is a legal scholar, so I highly doubt that he
has tried to calculate the numbers.

It is an excellent idea, though.>>

--
Brooklyn Linux Solutions