[free-sklyarov] Another ebook "processor"

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Sat Aug 18 23:31:15 PDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 08:45:37PM -0700, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> Read Jefferson.  The possibility for monetary gain through the limited
> monopoly of copyright (not so limited anymore, but I digress) is a
> side-effect of the essential need to preserve the work in the author's
> desired form.

addition here: the GERMAN copyright law explicitly mentions integrity
of the work as one of the rights the author has. it mentions two sets
of rights "personal" and "commercial" (my translation!). personal
rights are: right to publish, acknowledgement of authorship and
protection of the works integrity. commercial rights are stuff like
copying and publishing (different angle this time), broadcasting etc.

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org