[free-sklyarov] Plea Bargin for Dima?!?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Aug 22 21:56:13 PDT 2001

begin Dan Smith quotation:
> According to News.com, Both the prosecutors & defense
> requested an extra week to discuss a possible plea
> bargin for Dimitry...
>
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-6949933.html?tag=mn_hd

Yes, that _is_ what CNet claims, but that is _not_ what defence attorney
Joseph Burton actually said, per the article:

"We're talking about whether or not there are any potential ways to
dispose of the case. We've been talking to them for a while."

I suspect Ambrose Bierce might have been anticipating CNet/ news.com's
reporting standards in his Devil's Dictionary's entry for...

truth, n.
An ingenious compound of desirability and appearance....

One might also find this entry relevant:

justice, n.
A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State
sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal
service.

--
Cheers,                    Higgledy-Piggledy / Kibo Ubiquitous,
Rick Moen                  Greps for his name in the / Happynet spool.