[free-sklyarov] Copyright as a restriction

DeBug debug at centras.lt
Thu Aug 23 01:39:02 PDT 2001

Huaiyu Zhu wrote:
>So the question is: Is it possible to reward authors to an adequate
>amount without restricting the distribution and usage of his work?
Here is a proposition of how this could be done:
( this is partly Tom's and partly mine plan )
Let's say we have a band that wants to produce music
and get rewarded for it.
- band presents what albums are already available or/and presents
  a plan of what is expected to be done
- band calculates what it'll take to produce the new album
- public announcement: "we need $X. we will wait until date Y."
- fans start to preorder by transferring their money
to the trustee account together with their demands, requirments and/or
 suggestions of how the new album should look like
so the trustee account consists of assigned money i.e.
it is known who's money and what are intended for
- at date Y, the band takes a look through all preorders
(this is assigned money in the trustee account) and selects to sign
those the band thinks it can satisfy. Let's say they signed preorders
with total amout Z of money attached to these preorders.
- if Z > X, everything is fine and the band goes producing.