[free-sklyarov] RE: Plea bargin fot Dima ?!?

Robert Knop rknop at pobox.com
Thu Aug 23 12:58:00 PDT 2001

> But he still ends up convicted and will have problems ever coming back
> to the US (assuming he ever wanted to).

Heh.  If I were Dmitry Sklyarov, I would *never* come back to this
country.  Go to a foreign country, give a talk, get arrested by the
federal police, rot in jail for a few years... do you go back just
because you were instantly a celebrity among the local geeks?

Indeed, if I were a lot of other people, I would never come to the USA
in the first place now.  Heck, if I were me, and I didn't live here, I
probably wouldn't come here, unless I was coming from somewhere worse,
or unless Europe passes some DMCA-like law that makes the rest of the
world just as bad as the USA.

-Rob