[free-sklyarov] Plea Bargin for Dima?!?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Aug 23 15:52:50 PDT 2001

begin Jeanne A. E. DeVoto quotation of Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 09:28:51PM -0700:

> For those who are in touch with pressoids, organizing events, putting up
> web pages, or otherwise doing large-scale publicity, the attitude to take
> is not "the Feds let Dmitri off in their mercy" - which is undoubtedly how
> the FBI and Adobe will attempt to spin any plea bargain - but "the Feds
> realized they had no act any informed jury would convict someone for, they
> saw the outrage on the part of the programmer community, therefore they
> engaged in a face-saving maneuver".

That's an excellent way to put it.

Also "Any company that tries this kind of thing in future is going
to face customer and employee rage."

--
Don Marti      What do we want?  Free Dmitry!  When do we want it?  Now!
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Free Dmitry: http://eff.org/