[free-sklyarov] Attempting to show the other side

y s jssj2001 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 23:19:47 PDT 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:27:05 Daniel Richards wrote:
>Odd how most of the "ebooks" you can download on gnutellanet/fast
>track/etcetc are books that have been scanned instead of "cracked"
>ebooks.

Compare it with his previous post:

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:32:27 Daniel Richards wrote:
>Has anyone written another program that will "process" adobe's
>ebooks into pdf/html/txt/etc?       ...<snip>...
>If anyone knows or is doing such a thing, could you please email
>me (Off list, use PGP)

Looks like Daniel Richards  _regrets_  that "most of the 'ebooks'  ...  have
been scanned instead of 'cracked' ebooks".

Frankly, <Daniel Richards> did not surprise me. However, <Jon O .> did:
after dozens of enthusiastic messages here, he had enough objectivity to
look at the other side of the story.
In my previous life in the USSR I've seen various "movements", both just and
unjust. I know how difficult it was (and sometimes how much integrity it
took) not to be carried away and retain some objectivity and independence. I
wonder how many more "activists" here are able honestly look at the other
side.

-YS