[free-sklyarov] New article.

Lars Gaarden larsg at eurorights.org
Thu Aug 30 10:31:11 PDT 2001

From: <Robloch at aol.com>
> To mark the occasion, I've written an article. Let's hope that common sense
> prevails today. Good luck all.
>
> I think that this is a workable theory, what do you think. Criminal or
> Hostage?
> http://www.dotcomscoop.com/wtaw830.htm

Never attribute to malice, etc..

If I'm not entirely mistaken, both Dmitry and Alex Katalov - the executive
of Elcomsoft - were at DEFCON. If the FBI had wanted Elcomsoft in the first
place, they could have cuffed Alex.

Remember that Adobe's complaint singled out Dmitry. Perhaps it just was
stupdity on the behalf of the FBI.

It is kind of funny, actually. FBI evidently thought that they were jailing
a single sinister russian hacker, while what they got was a public outcry
and a software company with a backbone.

--
LarsG