[free-sklyarov] Anybody here own a town? 1201(e)

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 30 11:57:30 PDT 2001

on Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 02:41:20PM -0400, Xcott Craver (sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU) wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
>
> > This is brilliant.
> >
> > And it doesn't even have to be a small town.  We just need a government
> > agency to sponsor research into information security.
>
> 	Wait a minute,
>
> 	Don't government agencies already do this?  I mean, what if
> 	someone is doing university research under a DoD grant?
>
> 	Holy crap, it couldn't be that simple, could it?

The idea would be to commandeer the administrative apparatus such that
we're pretty damned sure it would be friendly.  Contracting through some
existing unit is one avenue, but wouldn't provide the open-ended access
I'm seeking.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself at ix.netcom.com>          http://kmself.home.netcom.com/