[free-sklyarov] [DMCA_discuss] Senator plans anti-piracy bill]

Jay Sulzberger jays at panix.com
Fri Aug 31 16:09:11 PDT 2001

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Charles Eakins wrote:

> They'll be able to own my computer when they can pry it out of my cold dead
> fingers.

Indeed.  But after Congress passes the Universal Defense of Copyright Act,
you will not be able to buy a new machine that you alone control.  And use
of old "legacy piracy devices" on the Net will consitute a felony.
Detection, accusation, no trial, and removal will be automatic.  Today the
Velociraptor Sytem of Licensed Access is almost ready for mandated all
Earth deployment.  The Microsoft component "Papers Please!" is already
installed in all Starbucks.  For your convenience!

oo--JS.