[free-sklyarov] DoJ Response to Sklyarov letter.

mw at themail.com mw at themail.com
Thu Dec 13 00:56:55 PST 2001

Mike,

Thanks for sharing your letter with us.
This was very informative.

I'm glad to see that people are trying and it is unfortunate that  the DOJ, responded in this manner.

This part:

>The DMCA was
>adopted to help satisfy requirements of two international treaties of
>which the United States is a signatory.

they forgot the sentence... "Although the DMCA goes too far..."

>The statute provides both
>
>civil and criminal sanctions for circumvention of technological
>
>measures which are used to protect copyrighted works.

Which two treaties?

Are they talking about the WIPO treaty...can they quote WHERE it states this as a requirement?

sigh.

-marcia

advance the arts and sciences... get 'em where it counts

TheMail.com - Full featured premium email you can count on.
Sign-up today at http://www.themail.com/