[free-sklyarov] Re: Continuing the fight

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sun Dec 16 16:00:56 PST 2001

>> ElcomSoft threatens such notions.  How can Adobe provide its clients
>> protection without the DMCA's big hammer, right, wrong, or otherwise?

Why should Abode be allowed to.  I propose the Fair Use act of 2002 which
mandates that all digital works be protected by guaranteeing the right of
individuals to freely copy the works  on digital systems, and and
guaranteeing individuals rights to share the informaiton in the normal
course of their life for non-comercial purposes.  Further it would
guarantee all  other property rights of the media to the owner of the
media upon which the information rests, making it illegal to lease, rent
or otherwise distribute information to others in any other comercial
transaction other than a permanent sale and transfer of all rights accept
copyright to the purchaser and his/or her decendents.... forever.

I also call it the Anti-Orwelian act of 2002.

Ruben

--

Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting