[free-sklyarov] Re: Continuing the fight

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sun Dec 16 16:07:37 PST 2001

On 2001.12.16 15:00:53 -0500 Peter D. Junger wrote:
>> Seth Finkelstein writes:
>>
>> : On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 03:31:36AM -0500, Xcott Craver wrote:
>> : > 	I'd like to suggest a different POV:  since Dmitry's going
>> : > to testify for Elcomsoft anyways, I don't see how helpful his
>> cooperation

>> There is no admission of guilt there.

Nonsense.  People found innocent by courts are not put on probation,
nor are they subject to plea bargins.  Clearly the court accepted the
admitions as proof of guilt.... and you know what, I dare you to find
under the DMCA as it's being interpreted how the court is wrong.
If the court found the DMCA unconstitutional, or Dmitry not subject to
it's jurisdictions, he would have just walked...period

He didn't.  He's on probation and has to contact the Court regularly.

>> The key
>> point that is not mentioned is that any acts of Dmitry's that might
>> arguably violate the DMCA occurred outside of the United States.

It doesn't matter, DMITRY DID TRAFFIC IN DMCA PROTECTED MATERIAL
in the good ole USA at Defcon.

>> When one adds that fact there is no admission of guilt

So then why is he on probation....

--

Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting