[free-sklyarov] Re: Continuing the fight

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sun Dec 16 23:23:24 PST 2001

Bonk

Wrong

No one in the US Judicial System is requrired to testify against
themselves in a criminal matter.  And no Laywer I've seen is gonna
encourage putting the defendent on the stand to testify that they
committed the accused acts leading to a 25 year jail sentence.

How much do we want to twist this and pretend that this wasn't a high
stakes felony offense where Dmitry was charged with those actions, actions
defined as felony violations of the DMCA according the the Grand Jury and
the Court.  If they weren't viewed by the court as criminal actions, then
why wasn't the case dismissed by the judge?

This was no small time civil matter here where defendents run up to tell
their stories.  This was innocent until proven guilty, major felony.

--

Brooklyn Linux Solutions
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting
http://www.brooklynonline.com - For the love of Brooklyn