[free-sklyarov] AAP press release

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Dec 18 10:10:54 PST 2001

begin Ilya Volynets quotation of Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 09:05:04PM -0800:

http://plsinfo.org/getanswers/fl_books/polish.htm#russian

?

> I'm in no way arguing against libraries. It is just that home-libraries are
> important part of reading culture.

For many people, book pricing can make the difference between buying
and checking out of the library.  Most people will probably always
use the library for some books and buy others.

Nobody seems to want e-books; for the customer they seem to combine
the worst features of a web site and a book (crummy-looking text,
costs a lot), while for the publisher they combine the best features
of a web site and a book (no printer's bill, high per-unit price).
e-books are a one-sided bargain.

Anyway, see you at the party on Wednesday?

It's not on http://www.eff.org/calendar/ yet but it is happening:
http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5680

http://zgp.org/~dmarti
dmarti at zgp.org                                  Free the web, burn all GIFs.