[free-sklyarov] Re: Continuing the fight

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Tue Dec 18 10:21:02 PST 2001

On Monday 17 December 2001 21:34, Richard Stallman wrote:
> > At this point, the only thing left for us to do is to push hard to
> >
>     > punish Adobe--so hard that anyone will think twice before daring to
>     > do this again.  Sklyarov is no longer a cause celebre, but we can
>     > make Adobe a cause celebre if we work at it.
>
> 	    Can we? Not to be too cynical, but I think the major
>     rallying-point is now gone.

Hi:  Without intentionally taking your words out of context, I think a
reminder that Adobe, among others is continuing without hesitation to
position Open Source, and everything it stands for, as a nondesirable "trait"
within a globalization process.  For example, what has Adobe done to clean up
the W3C.org mess, and to "purify" the SVG debacle?  NOTHING!

Nope, they envision a world controlled through indescriminate use of .pdf
files, with "readers", rather than computers.  A world of voice activated
devices that permit one to read a document, dictate a response to a second
device, which will contain a restricted variety of tasks, and communicate
through an Internet that is "approved, registered, and certified" to a user.

Richard, you need to replenish your "vision", and get in front of this.

Just a thought,   HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Tom