[free-sklyarov] Russian Programmer Stands by Boss in DMCA Case

Alex Katalov akatalov at elcomsoft.com
Wed Dec 19 17:54:07 PST 2001

The Russian software programmer who escaped prosecution as the first
person charged under a controversial new U.S. copyright law said on
Wednesday he stands by his employer, who still faces trial.

``I am extremely disappointed with any implication that I am, in any
way, cooperating with the (U.S.) government,'' Dmitry Sklyarov said in
a news conference.

He said he plans to go back to Moscow on Dec. 31 and will continue
working for ElcomSoft as a programmer and cryptographer and finish his
dissertation, which served as the foundation of the technology that is
at the center of the case.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011219/tc/tech_hacker_dc_4.html

--
Best regards,