[free-sklyarov] Dmitry's Victory Party Audio on Radio EFF

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Thu Dec 20 02:29:47 PST 2001

on Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 11:17:28PM -0800, Patrick Norager (patrick at eff.org) wrote:
> Event: Dmitry's Victory Party
> Date: December 19, 2001
> Location: 21st Amendment Restaurant
>           San Francisco CA
>
> Speakers: Robin Gross, EFF Staff Attorney
>           Don Marti, Linux Activist
> 	  Alex Katalov, President of Elcomsoft
>           Dmitry Sklyarov, Programmer
>
> Running Time: 9:07   (O)pen Audio    3.7MB
> http://radio.eff.org/radio_shows/Dmitry_Victory.mp3

Cool.  Listeners should be able to get a much better idea of what was
said at the party than those present -- loud ambient sound and a
somewhat overly modest sound system.  I'm downloading now.  The party
was great, the usual surprises of old friends, both real and virtual,
and a lot of folks I've encountered at numerous Dmitry events.  First
public showing of Don's new 'do as well.

...but did they get us singing "Happy Birthday" (a copyrighted work BTW)
to Dmitry?

Thanks to Seth, the EFF, everyone who helped at the protests and other
events, Elcomsoft, and most of all, Dmitry and his family, for
everything.

Now to kick some ass getting Elcomsoft cleared, and this stupid,
oppressive law repealed.

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org