[free-sklyarov] KQED's "Californian of the year"

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 26 10:06:04 PST 2001

KQED FM's "Forum" program in San Francisco just wrapped a segment on
"Californian of the year", which had the expected cast of characters and
politicians with heavy emphasis on the energy crisis, terrorism, the
dot-bomb collapse and venture capitalists.  A few people managed to get
in mentions by email of Dmitri, however, and these were summarized at
the end of the hour as:

    Dmitri Sklyarov, the Russian programmer who was involved in the
    Adobe massacre.

I swear that's not what _I_ wrote, but I couldn't have spun it better if
I tried.  Great press for us, and duly deserved press for Adobe.

Merry Christmas, all, or other excuses for midwinter revelry and
introspection.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org