[free-sklyarov]IT SICKOUT - Read and pass along

Jon O . jono at microshaft.org
Wed Jul 18 12:48:47 PDT 2001

----- Forwarded message -----

IT SICKOUT---IT SICKOUT---IT SICKOUT---IT SICKOUT

READ AND PASS ALONG

The government and corporate america are setting a
very bad precedent with the arrest of Skylarov.
We need to send a string message back to them.

Currently, there are no organizations that represent
IT workers and the people who keep company email, networks,
and infrastructure running. The EFF is supporting the
defense of Skylarov, but the DCMA is the real issue.
It must be reviewed and abolished.

This may be a bad time in the industry, but it was a time
like this that other Unions formed in order to have some
representation. Well, we need and deserve the same.

So, the short term action is an IT SICKOUT. Just one day
to protest the DMCA and the arrest of Skylarov. Long term
action, create some professional guilds, unions, etc. to
prevent these laws from changing our Freedoms.

READ AND PASS ALONG

IT SICKOUT---IT SICKOUT---IT SICKOUT---IT SICKOUT

----- End forwarded message -----