[free-sklyarov] Still no contact with Marshals or Consulate

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Jul 18 14:28:59 PDT 2001

I have still not gotten through to Ramona Jackson at the U.S. Marshal
Service.

I have also been trying the Russian Consul General in San Francisco
at (415)928-6878.  I got through earlier to their "Passport/Legal
Information" line (wondering if legal information included this sort
of situation) and spoke to a man who said that that division _did not_
have any information about Russian citizens accused of crimes in the
United States.

Instead, he told me to call the main Consulate number, (415)928-6878,
and ask for a Mr. Nebiwayev (phonetic).  So I've been trying with no
luck.

People on this list could try reaching Mr. Nebiwayev -- but if you do
reach him, please let this list know, so that other people won't
duplicate your effort.

I wouldn't recommend having a lot of people trying the Marshal Service,
because they are probably less sympathetic to Mr. Sklyarov's
situation. :-)  I believe people at EFF are also still trying to check
in with them.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I