[free-sklyarov] Venue?

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Jul 18 15:02:52 PDT 2001

robyn writes:

> Just talked to an ex-AUSA.
>
> He will most likely be before a San Jose judge.  The location of the press
> release is consistent with the fact that San Francisco is the main NDCA
> office, and would generally be in charge of releasing statements for the
> whole district.

Is it appropriate to call the Clerk in the District Court in San Jose
tomorrow morning?

Would the Clerk consider questions about scheduled arraignments
normal, or would he or she think that I'm lazy and ought to have a
damned PACER account?

By the way, Adobe's headquarters are in San Jose:

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html

   Adobe Systems Incorporated
   345 Park Avenue
   San Jose, California 95110-2704
   USA

   Tel: 408-536-6000
   Fax: 408-537-6000

(consistent with the information in "whois adobe.com")

The San Jose venue for the Northern District:

http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/cand/CourtInfo.nsf/6f311f8841e7da2488256405006827f0/f3b46c67b334132e88256682007f6ba9?OpenDocument

   280 South 1st Street
   San Jose, CA 95113

   Phone:
   408-535-5364

PLEASE DO NOT HARASS ADOBE ON THE TELEPHONE OR SEND THEM ANY OTHER
KIND OF HARASSING OR THREATENING COMMUNICATION!  (The same goes for
the U.S. Marshal Service, the U.S. Attorney's Office, and the U.S.
District Court.)  Of course, it is OK to send criticism to Adobe and
to the U.S. Attorney.  Let your criticism be civil and relevant.

When people sent threats to the MPAA -- following the MPAA's
reprehensible prosecution of 2600 Enterprises -- the MPAA actually
quoted these in court and used them to hurt the defendants' case!

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I