[free-sklyarov] Newsflash! Sklyarov Denied Access To Russian Consul

Bill Scannell bill at scannell.org
Thu Jul 19 00:25:09 PDT 2001

I just got off the telephone with Vladimir Katalov.

Katalov informs me that the Russian embassy has been denied access to Dmitry
Sklyarov, a flagrant violation of international law.  No Russian consular
official has spoken to Sklyarov since his detention earlier this week.

In addition, Sklyarov's wife and two children have not heard from their
husband and father since his arrest.  They are understandably worried sick
for his safety.

It is believed Dmitry Sklyarov is being held in solitary confinement.

As an American who honorably served in the armed forces,  I am ashamed for
the actions of my government.  This cannot stand.

Telephone numbers:

US State Department: 1-202-647-6575
Russian Embassy: 1-202-298-5700
Russian Consul (SF) 1-415928-6878

Call.  Get your friends to call.  Call again.

Please disseminate this information as widely as possible.

-Bill