[free-sklyarov] Thought for a slogan

Shari Steele ssteele at eff.org
Thu Jul 19 09:17:13 PDT 2001

Hi all.
EFF has a bumper sticker that says "Coding Is Not a Crime" that we would be
happy to make available for distribution.  I'm not sure how many we have,
but we do have some.  We also have a large quantity of "Science Is Not a
Crime" available.

At 07:26 AM 7/19/01 -0700, Jay Schneider wrote:
>Hi All,
>I've been trying to come up with a soundbite/catch phrase that describes the
>problem.  Can I suggest:
>"Writing Code is not a Crime!"
>or more simply
>"Code is not a Crime"
>It seems to sing and IMHO describes the root of the problem. Well, at least
>one of the roots of one of the problems.  Hopefully, it'll make people think
>and provide a favorable starting point for describing the problem to both
>the masses and tech workers.   If you like it use it!
>Jay Schneider
>free-sklyarov mailing list
>free-sklyarov at zork.net

Shari Steele
Executive Director                                    ssteele at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation           +1 415 436 9333 x103 (voice)
454 Shotwell Street                             +1 415 436 9993 (fax)
San Francisco, CA  94110