[free-sklyarov] DefCon presentation

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Thu Jul 19 09:09:04 PDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 10:47:46AM -0500, Bill Scannell wrote:
> We'll slap it up at BoycottAdobe.

Cool.  For a first cut, I'd suggest just linking to the PDF version
at planetpdf, but if anyone has a decent ppt-to-html or pdf-to-html
converter, I think that it would be good to get something in straight
HTML - it's small, cross-platform, universally recognized, and about
as open a format as you can get.

If it comes down to it, I have crude tools for extracting text from
PDFs, but they trash formatting.  (ISTR that Office2k's version of
Powerpoint can do 'save as HTML', which would probably be the most
effective translation method.)