[free-sklyarov] List of Demands

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Thu Jul 19 17:19:29 PDT 2001

On 19 Jul 2001, Klepht wrote:

>     JAB> I honestly don't think anyone from Adobe will even officially
>     JAB> acknowledge you.  Some cops might show up and that's about
>     JAB> it.
>
> Having a list of demands gives a focus to the demonstration. "This is
> what we're asking from Adobe. This is why we're here." I think it was
> Nick who said that a protest with concrete goals cannot succeed.

I think it's an absolute TRUE-ISM that if you don't have goals, you cannot
succeed!  How would you know when you're done?

But seriously, your goal is to raise awareness.  If one person becomes
more aware, then you were successful.

We don't need Adobe to DO anything.  They cannot support you because they
MUST have copyright protection.  They're a SOFTWARE COMPANY.  The depend
on false scarcity.  That scarcity is threatened by modern technology, so
they do what they can to protect their business model.

After all, while the DMCA is a piece of garbage and a gross violation of
individual rights, it is probably the only thing that can save copyright
in this modern age.  We need to make the hard choice.  Hopefully we'll
come out on the side of people instead of software companies.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net