[free-sklyarov] Re: demonstration in Moscow

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri Jul 20 06:53:07 PDT 2001

Ilya V. Vasilyev writes:

> Hi, Seth David Schoen!
>
> > EFF has undertaken some heroic publicity efforts to let people know
> > about the demonstration at Adobe on Monday, and the parallel events.
>
> How can I distribute a word about press-conference
> in Moscow, that be in 24h in the most quick way?

You should send the announcement to reporters in the area, preferably
by FAX.  If you don't have a press list, you can buy newspapers and
magazines and see if they print a FAX number for the editors or
reporters.  Also, you can call radio stations and TV stations and ask
for a FAX number for announcements.

No doubt you should send them FAXes in Russian instead of in English.

If other people on this list know media outlets in or around Moscow,
please pass this information along to them.

> Who support EFF web site -- I think, this deserves to be
> under "Moscow" label.

Write to Will Doherty <wild at eff.org>; he's on this list but there have
been a lot of messages here recently.

> ==  ==
> Hi, All!
>
> As it was announced before, tommorrow, June, 20, at Saturday,
> 17:00 will be press-conference.  The topic is arrest of
> Dmitry Sklyarov, Adove vs ElcomSoft case and comeing
> worldwide public protest actions, that will be at
> Monday.
>
> The place of press-conference was given by "Project OGI"
> company, thank you:
>
> Address: Moscow, Russia.  Ul. Patnickaja 29/8
>          First floor, a hall near bookstore.
>
> The way: metro Novokuznetskaja or Tretjakovskaja
>          On the courner of Patnickaja and
>          Klementovskij pereulok you'll see
>          Pizza Hat.  In the same building,
>          entrance from Klementovskij per.,
>          named caffe "Pirogi".

>             162-4767 I.V. Vasilyev   (press-conference)
>
> After press-conference, at 18:00 oranization metting
> of future action participants will be hold.

Sounds good.  I wish I could make it. :-)

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I