[free-sklyarov] Slogan/Propaganda

Kågedal Simon simon.kagedal at csce.se
Fri Jul 20 07:38:53 PDT 2001

Hi,

Nice to see other Swedes on the list.

(I was actually myself going to write a similar message, I think
the use of the "hammer and sickle" is quite distasteful for many
reasons.  Except for the ones you mention, I would like to point
out that if the idea is to associate to the Stalin regime,
remember that Stalin killed millions of people.  This is clearly
out of proportion with what Adobe has done.  Similar argument as
the one RMS makes about the word "piracy":

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html )

But back to the case.

What do you think could be done for Sklyarov from a Swedish point
of view?  (or what do people outside US do in general?)

I was going to write Adobe's Swedish office and ask them to ask
their bosses to drop the charges.  I couldn't find an appropriate
address to write to on the www.adobe.se pages though, only some PR
guy, maybe that will do?

I did notify the Swedish section of Amnesty International on their
web page.

I wish everybody the best of luck in protests and I really hope
Dmitry Sklyarov is set free really soon.  This is horrible.

Simon.