[free-sklyarov] OSCON San Diego action

Bob La Quey robertl1 at home.com
Fri Jul 20 07:56:52 PDT 2001

This cannot be allowed to stand. We definitely want to put together
an action. The only question in my mind is what/when, etc.

I suggest that OSCON should throw together an immediate ad hoc panel
on this issue. We will probably also want to organize efforts separately
from the OSCON, which after all has an agenda of its own.

As a minimum we want to find an effective way to leverage this large
gathering of programmers and to help Dmitry and blast the DMCA.

Just think what the American public would be saying if this was a
young American programmer with a wife and two children being held
by the KGB in Moscow. Shame on the USA. Shame on Adobe.