[free-sklyarov] OSCON San Diego action

Bob La Quey robertl1 at home.com
Fri Jul 20 08:57:49 PDT 2001

At 08:22 AM 7/20/01 -0700, you wrote:

>Well --- I'm ranting now. --- My point --- I support action at OSCON - I will
>be there - how can I be of service?

We need a strategy and goals both immediate and long term.

I suggest our goal is to get this DMCA rewritten, overturned, judged
unconstituional, burnt at the stake, or whatever legal language is
appropriate, IANAL. One strategy is to make the law ineffective by
making its use a massive PR failure for the companies, like Adobe,
who try to use the DMCA in draconian fashion.

So I would suggest that we have two immediate complementary goals:

     1) Do everything we can to help Dmitry.

     2) Do everything we can to make this a PR disaster for Adobe.

So what is the best way to make Adobe look like the criminals they are?
Or should we simply position them as heavy handed fools .. or both.

A question, should we have a separate mailing list to organize for the
OSCON or are we better sticking to the main free-sklyarov list? and
CCing extensively?

Bob La Quey