[free-sklyarov] Dimitry Skyarov

Andrew Lawrence ausage at smoke-and-mirrors.net
Fri Jul 20 10:15:35 PDT 2001

I am writing to inform you that as of today I have banned the purchase of
Adobe products in my company. Since this is a web development house,  my
technical staff are now reviewing replacement products.

Adobe will always be infamous in my mind as the company that put "This book
may not be read aloud" into the licensing conditions for a public domain
text.  The prosecution of a Russian programmer, for an act that is perfectly
legal in any country outside of the United States, has lead me to decide that
your business ethics are outside the bounds of those with whom I wish to do
business.

--
Andrew Lawrence                      <ausage at smoke-and-mirrors.net>
President, Smoke & Mirrors         http://www.smoke-and-mirrors.net