[free-sklyarov] Chants

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Fri Jul 20 12:03:32 PDT 2001

At 2:13 PM -0400 7/20/01, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 01:06:09PM -0500, Tim Neu wrote:
>>
>>  Here's something anyone can understand:
>>
>>  Keep Russian laws in Russia, US laws in USA
>
>So you oppose U.S. laws that can be used to prosecute Americans who go
>on underage sex tours of southeast Asia?

Yes, if it is legal in $COUNTRY, we have no business trying to
enforce $USA standards on actions committed in $COUNTRY.

Or do Singapore citizens who chew chewing gum while in $REST_OF_WORLD
get to face prosecution when they get home?

>Or Germany's laws that can be used to convict a U.S. holocaust
>revisionist if he's stupid enough to set foot in Germany? (Or,
>as we've seen, even other European countries.)

I would oppose that as well, yes.

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |