[free-sklyarov] Chants

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Fri Jul 20 12:14:09 PDT 2001

At 3:09 PM -0400 7/20/01, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>At 12:03 PM 7/20/01 -0700, Derek Balling wrote:
>>Or do Singapore citizens who chew chewing gum while in
>>$REST_OF_WORLD get to face prosecution when they get home?
>
>I don't mean to get embroiled in this since I've already outlined my
>thoughts in another message, but you may wish to know that the
>chewing of chewing gum is allowed in Singapore. It's the selling
>inside Singapore's borders that's not. If you wish to make a
>political point, you should check your facts.

Must be more than just the "selling" because a co-worker of mine
spent about 2 hours in a small room for having two packs of gum (one
for each direction on the plane-ride back and forth), after which
both packs were confiscated from him.

That certainly seems to warn against "possession", which would
(transitively) prevent "consumption". :)

But regardless of the semantics of the argument, the point is the same. :)

(and heading offtopic)

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |