[free-sklyarov] Chants

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jul 20 12:19:04 PDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Derek Balling wrote:

> Yes, if it is legal in $COUNTRY, we have no business trying to
> enforce $USA standards on actions committed in $COUNTRY.

	One should also recognize the difference between Dimitry's
	situation and this one.  Dimitry's is not a case of a citizen of
	$A travelling to $B to perform an act illegal in $A.

	This is a case of a citizen of $B doing something in $B
	(possibly) that is illegal in some other country $A.

	An appropriate analogy might be an American tourist
	being arrested in China for being a mother of 3.

							-S