[free-sklyarov] Activities in New Mexico

Robert Franklin wiggin at myrealbox.com
Sat Jul 21 13:05:20 PDT 2001

A few friends and I are discussing an action in Albuquerque, New Mexico
to coincide with the other protests going on.  A few questions have
surfaced that we could use some advice on.

1)       Is anyone else on the list in New Mexico, and willing to either
participate or help organize?

2)       Has the EFF or anyone on the list created a quick HOWTO for
this sort of thing?  Topics I am interested in but somewhat clueless
about include:  Informing the media; informing the authorities (i.e.
contacting local law enforcement to let them know we will be there)

3)       A set of cluefull speaking points.  I'm thinking soundbytes &
quotes suitable for 30 seconds of news coverage.  It seems to me a good
idea to have a short, quick list for people who are either organizing
their own small rallies or will be speaking with the press.  Perhaps a
media guide from the EFF (if one already exists, please direct me to it)
would be helpful.  what I really have in mind is something short that
could be handed out to supporters & media summing up the legal
issues/etc.  Although concerned, I'm no lawyer & would want to be
positive I had my facts right.

Thanks, I'm sure more questions will follow--
Rob