[free-sklyarov] Adobe Will Talk!

Jon O . jono at microshaft.org
Fri Jul 20 13:24:37 PDT 2001

Please explain the issues below.

Company files complaint.

Researcher is arrested.

Protest organized.

Company gives in. Saves face.

Government continues action against researcher.

This outcome allows Adobe to save face, not get
TV cameras, etc in front of their building and
generally not look like the bad guy.

This also tells other companies they can file complaint,
hand off the FBI and withdraw to prevent bad PR.

The issue is the DMCA and always has been.

I hope you guys get this figured out...