[free-sklyarov] Adobe Will Talk! July 23 Sklyarov Protest on Hold

Xcott Craver sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jul 20 13:33:58 PDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Will Doherty wrote:

> Adobe only agreed to meet with us if we would put
> the Monday, July 23 protest on hold.

	Ah.

	Well, honestly, just how much (irreversible) committment is there
	for Monday, after all?  Have people really pulled strings that
	can't be unpulled?  Bought plane tickets, got permits, or
	begged for that day off?  Any specific penalty to moving the
	protest, other than loss of momenum?

	Would it be possible to declare a specific date later next week,
	for which we can plan in the case that Adobe does not agree to
	something substantial?  Just so people who need to make
	arrangements can do so?

	I think that as long as we have certainty about dates and times
	as early as possible we could avert a loss of "momentum."

							-S