[free-sklyarov] Adobe Will Talk! July 23 Sklyarov Protest on Hold

Josh Richards jrichard at cubicle.net
Fri Jul 20 13:40:02 PDT 2001

* Xcott Craver <sacraver at EE.Princeton.EDU> [20010720 13:35]:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Will Doherty wrote:
>
> > Adobe only agreed to meet with us if we would put
> > the Monday, July 23 protest on hold.
>
> 	Ah.
[..]

> 	Would it be possible to declare a specific date later next week,
> 	for which we can plan in the case that Adobe does not agree to
> 	something substantial?  Just so people who need to make
> 	arrangements can do so?
[..]

Agree to what?  Dropping their cooperation with the US Attorney's office?
Great, but Adobe doesn't decide what occurs with the law.  Adobe is just
a witness at this point, albeit an important one.  Without their support
this case may become weak but there is no guarantee it gets pulled and the
DMCA definitely isn't going away just because Adobe changes their mind
and denounces it.  I'm happy that Adobe is interested in talking but I
really don't see what has changed.

-jr

----
Josh Richards <jrichard@{ geekresearch.com, cubicle.net }> [JTR38/JR539-ARIN]
Geek Research, LLC - San Luis Obispo, CA - <URL:http://www.geekresearch.com/>
KG6CYK - IP/Unix/telecom/knowledge/coffee/security/crypto/business/geek