[free-sklyarov] Adobe Will Talk! July 23 Sklyarov Protest on Hold

Paul Walmsley shag-sklyarov at booyaka.com
Fri Jul 20 13:57:10 PDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Will Doherty wrote:

> Congratulations folks!
>
> The pressure we all have put on Adobe has resulted
> in an agreement to meet with representatives from
> the Electronic Frontier Foundation on this Monday
> morning, July 23.
>
> For that reason, EFF has decided to:
>
> PUT THE JULY 23 PROTEST ON HOLD

Will,

I suggest that the protests continue unless you get concrete promises from
Adobe in writing that they will withdraw their complaint against Dmitry
Sklyarov and that they will not pursue anyone nor support government- or
third-party pursuit of people under the 'anti-circumvention' clause of the
DMCA.

Otherwise, we'll lose the critical momentum that we need to demonstrate on
Monday.  And for what?  If the talks fail to produce concrete progress on
the above goals, we all will have lost much, but gained little.

- Paul