[free-sklyarov] Protests in other countries?

Daniel Richards kyhwana at world-net.co.nz
Fri Jul 20 18:29:21 PDT 2001

I'd agree that we have way too much momentium to stop protests
now. Remember, Dmitri is still in jail, his wife and children don't
know what's happened to him and where he is. He has a family.
As much as I hate to say it, it would be a good idea to bring this up.
There is a picture floating around somewhere of Dmitri with his wife
and children so maybe a copy could be printed out and brought
along to protests in some capacity?

That said, are there any protests being organised in other
countries? I've heard there's one on in Moscow.
Being in a (very) small rural town in the middle of no where, in New
Zealand it's not possible for me to get to any of these. But is anyone
else on this list in New Zealand? It might be a good idea to contact
LUG/BSDUG's AND libraries, especially seeing as how the New
Zealand government, like most other's are currently seeking
submissions on it's own version of the DMCA, or due to pass them
into law.

Also, an IRC channel somewhere would be a good idea, for chatting
and realtime setting up of protests and any news.
This could also be used by people at protests, or in groups.
I'd suggest perhaps the openprojects network, #freedmitri perhaps?
(For those of you without IRC clients, www.mirc.com for windows
and www.xchat.org for X/Unix)

Daniel Richards - http://leopard.osoal.org.nz/~kyhwana/
PGP Pub key:
http://shell.world-net.co.nz/~kyhwana/DanielRPubKey.asc
Fingerprint: 416D 4027 D635 AF51 F2BF  60DF 4D94 F7A0 9893 2848