[free-sklyarov] The American Association of Publishers issues a press release

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Fri Jul 20 23:02:48 PDT 2001

Larry Blunk writes:

>    The publishers have chimed in with their opinion on Skylarov's
> arrest and the wonderful DMCA.  I should warn you all -- it's not for the weak
> of stomach.
>
>   http://www.publishers.org/home/press/index.htm

I'd be eager to hear suggestions for an appropriate response.

Usually these folks are very strong on the freedom of speech; I wish
they could see the free speech implications of suppressing software.
(The same problem has arisen with the MPAA, which helped fight the CDA
once upon a time.  It seemed that the MPAA could appreciate the right
to distribute sexually explicit materials, but not the right to
distribute computer programs.)

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org>  | And do not say, I will study when I