[free-sklyarov] Reno Protest Plans

Sam Phillips sam at dasbistro.com
Fri Jul 20 23:31:50 PDT 2001

We had a short organizational meeting this evening that consisted of
myself and Scott Underwood (an overall good malcontent.)  Such is the
way of the event samurai.

For those of you that get all of your news from Slashdot, the event is
NOT cancelled, just merely minorly adjusted.  We will still be
protesting the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov and the DMCA.  We will not be
having any Adobe related protesting.  Reasons for this can be read about
at http://www.zork.net/pipermail/free-sklyarov/2001-July/000498.html .
Draw whatever conclusions you want.

Of the important bits we covered where and when:

    Bruce Thompson Federal Building
    400 S. Virginia Street
    Reno, NV
    11:30-1:00

How To Get There By Public Transit: The number 1 bus goes from Meadowood
Mall along Virginia St. to downtown, and back.  You'll want to get off
at Virginia and Liberty.  If you're coming in on PRIDE don't get off at
Meadowood Mall.  Take it all the way to downtown and then take the
number 1 bus south to Liberty.

Scott will be getting in touch with the police, and getting information
together to release to the press.  I'll be making some posters to spread
around over the weekend, signs with the varying non-adobe related
slogans, and flyers (all with non-Adobe software of course.)

If you want to make your own signs please do not have any Adobe related
slogans.  Stick to the "Kill the DMCA" and "Free Dimitry" type ones
(don't get those two mixed up, it would be really bad if you showed up
with a sign that said "Kill Dimitry".)

For other sign and chant ideas check out the Free-Sklyarov mailing list
archives (http://www.zork.net/pipermail/free-sklyarov/2001-July/), and
the other Sklyarov related websites out there.

Free Dimitry!

--
Sam Phillips <sam at dasbistro.com>                http://www.dasbistro.com
Reno                                                              Nevada