[free-sklyarov] About San Diego Action.

proclus at iname.com proclus at iname.com
Sat Jul 21 01:04:12 PDT 2001

On 21 Jul, Chris wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>> I'm not going to the Open Source Convention - but I'd be interested to
>> know if anything is happening in San Diego.
>>
>> Question though - was Dmitry's work open source?
>
> His work was not Open Source... it was very proprietary... he did however give a presentation about it at Defcon.
>
> Chris

...And they did mention the possibility that they would free the code
under GPL.  Still, I'm afraid that technically, the issue involves
merely openness of the eBook platform (lack thereof actually).  Freedom
is the issue at the academic level and at the level of fair use, but the
situation is very like to evolve over time.  It will be interesting to
 see if relevant free stuff pops out in the wake of the open source
 convention. I would not be at all surprised.

Regards,
proclus
http://www.gnu-darwin.org/

We have the technology to make him better than he was; better, stronger,
faster.  And then, we will own every bit of him.

--
Visit proclus realm! http://www.proclus-realm.com/